Gout - My Cure To Stop and Reverse
To prevent, cure & reverse all diseases. Means: nutrition from our diet*, physical, emotional, mental and spiritual. Rather than just treating a part of the body "the symptoms" with drugs.
Our diet*: is to eat what our body is designed to eat. That's fresh foods that are full of nutrition. NOT man made or from animals, including fish that also eat a poor diet that have been feed antibiotics and steroids. We are told to eat 5 a day of fruit & veg, but we need it fresh and organic not weeks old, grown with no sunlight and covered in pesticides. That means no junk food, fast food, restaurants or food from supermarkets.
It's estimated that between one and two in every 100 people in the UK are affected by gout, yet the basic treatment has not changed in 50 years. The Doctor is happy to tell you what food's to avoid (This has not worked) and gives you drugs for the pain. It could do with that Doctors don't know and why AstraZeneca has previously forecast that Zurampic, which tackles the underlying cause of the disease, could make some $500m (£300m) in global sales each year. Read full story
It's our modern living, so-called "progress". Our life has become too convenient!
"We can't change that, but we can change ourselves".
There is no quick fix, but you can start making small changes and feel a big difference in your life. We are all going to die, that we know, but people are aging and suffering at a much younger age.
I am not a Doctor. I am a mechanic who is fascinated to find out more about gout cures and to share what has worked with me. I have added links to information to share or as a reference. As gout and other diseases cannot be explained on one Blog Post alone.
Eat more raw organic food. In the 1930’s Paul Kouchakoff, M.D. showed that if you ate a diet that was more than 51% cooked food, your body reacts to the food as if it was being invaded by a foreign organism. He further demonstrated that if 51% of your meals were raw, you would have no leukocytosis (no white blood cell reaction), so your immune system would not be activated with a false alarm. Today, we deal with so many immune system issues; we have to make sure that at least 51% of our meals are raw so we don’t overburden an already burdened immune system. - See more here
Lowering inflammation. By eliminating all processed foods, factory farm meats, and bad cooking oils. Instead of eating more anti-inflammatory foods, like olive oil, flax seeds, ginger, grass fed animals. See more here
Drink clean, pure water. It is essential for health.
Exercise and rest. By exercising 3 times a week and doing more walking will increase blood flow and circulation. Improves lungs to work more efficiently, that help keep your kidneys functioning and improve your quality of life. It is also equally important to get your 8 hours deep sleep every night for your body to detox and heal itself.
Gout affects approximately 1 in 40 adults in the world and numbers are increasing, as with all diseases. With no real breakthrough from the medical world to stop, heal the body and reverse the disease. With no understanding why some people have gout and other don't. "Lifestyle?" So many people are relying on drugs to control their gout and not finding the real cause. And the drugs used have long-term side effects.
Gout occurs when people have higher than normal levels of uric acid in their blood. Only about 14% of the uric acid comes from the breakdown of purines (natural organic chemicals) in food. The other 86% comes from the breakdown of purines which occur naturally in body cells.
Reversing gout for someone who suffers attacks regularly for many years and caused tophus to disfigured the joint may be impossible, but should learn how to control the attacks and reduce chances of other diseases. Don't think it's part of aging, you may want to consider making some immediate lifestyle changes to help reverse, or at least minimize further damage.
- The body has a chemical plant far more intricate than any plant that man has ever built. This plant changes the food we eat into living tissue. It causes the growth of flesh, blood, bones, and teeth. It even repairs the body when parts are damaged by accident or disease. Power, for work and play, comes from the food we eat.
- With 60,000 miles of blood vessels inside the average human body.
- In one day, your blood travels 12,000 miles around your body.
- For every pound of fat or muscle gained, your body creates seven miles of new blood vessels.
- Your body produces 25 million new cells each second.
- Humans shed their outer skin every month, replacing completely.
- Gut Bacteria & Leaky Gut - Having a healthy gut is the number one in curing all deseases. See more: Leaky Gut Syndrome
- The typical kidneys filter approximately 180 liters per day. If one kidney is damaged, blood pressure will increase and both kidneys will still filter 180 liters per day.
- The liver is the only organ in the body that can regenerate itself and 25% of a liver can regenerate into a whole new liver.
- The liver removes and breaks down harmful toxins and drugs from nearly 100 gallons of blood per day. This includes internal and external environmental pollutants. See Liver is the key to good health
- Lungs change the pH of blood (whether the blood is more acid or alkali) by increasing or decreasing the amount of CO2 in the body.
- When you consume more protein than your body needs, your body must remove more nitrogen waste products from your blood, which stresses your kidneys. Chronic dehydration can result, as was found in a study involving endurance athletes
- Fluoride is a neurotoxin, by drinking clean water, eating a plant based diet will remove toxins. See: 4 Steps to detox from fluoride and heavy metals
- Naturally, we are born with the ability to break down those excessive purines to uric acid for disposal, and that important role is done by the very important vital organ in your body... The Liver. Ref: Understand Your Gout
- The liver is a vital organ in the human body, it carries out a wide range of functions such as protein synthesis, decomposition of red blood cells, glycogen storage, amino acid deamination, hormone production and the most important job is... Detoxification.
- It is the years of consuming all those industrial processed and refined food plus the chaotic up-side-down lifestyle that pushed the liver and kidneys beyond its limits. That will eventually weaken these organs' abilities to properly process and get rid of the purine and uric acid.
- Focus on learning how to revitalize the liver and kidneys so that they can return to its initial uric acid processing abilities.
"It took a change of environment, to a place that has captured my heart and passion."
After taking time out and converting a van to take a Road Trip to Spain, with the main goal to lose weight and get back on track. By cooking my way across Spain. I was about 2 stone overweight and I had already cut out fizzy drinks, alcohol and processed foods months before setting off.
As I had spent over 15 years as a hard drinker, eating junk food and no exercise.
Makes you wonder why after visiting my Doctor 12 years ago with blood test results I brought back from my travels in Bolivia, showing high uric acid level, my Doctor said "was nothing to worry about" and many visits since with pain in my toe, back, and chest. I was never given information or talked with a nutritionist, but given a prescription for a big box of strong ibuprofen or Naprosyn tablets on every visit!
I have also had gum disease since I was little and it has taken me years to realise that my poor diet was the course of it. As what I thought I was eating, was healthy; as it said on the box of my cereal! And believed low-fat was the way to go, in fact, it made my gout attacks worse, especially what I thought was healthy cooking oils called "Vegetable oil" infact are heavily processed and cause inflammation (The last thing anybody wants). I now know that they have to add vitamins & minerals, as the grains in cereals that have been over-processed. I have now cut out 96% of modern grains, processed foods, junk foods from my diet and eating extra virgin coconut oil and butter I make from grass fed cows, my teeth are no longer bleeding, in fact, the gums are now pink and I have no plaque buildup. Ref: "Cure Tooth Decay"
By keeping an open mind - Just because you read coffee is good for your liver or your gout, doe's NOT mean you have to drink 8 cups a day! It might be good for you, but drinking too much coffee dehydrates you, can make you go for a poo after a cup, it can also stop you going (Caffeine can cause bowel dehydration and your stool may be difficult to pass, which may cause straining) it can also cause anxiety, heart palpitations. It makes sense to drink after a morning meal, only 2 cups and in the morning. Avoid drinking if you are using to keep you awake/make it through the day. Start the morning with a fresh juice. Get good quality sleep should be your priority, even have a few days off from drinking coffee.
- Avoiding purines rich foods. It doesn’t work like that! If your gout problem is solely caused by purines rich foods, why are you still getting the gout attacks? Even you have completely stopped consuming those high purine foods.
- The internal source of purine - your body will still produce purine every day.
- Avoid meat and fish that are from factory farmed.
- Avoid junk food, vegetable oils, sugar and refined starch as they cause inflammation which over time hardening of the arteries.
- Junk foods eventually weaken organs "Liver & Kidneys" abilities to properly process and get rid of the purine and uric acid.
- Revitalize the liver and kidneys so that they can return to its initial uric acid processing abilities - foot reflexology massage techniques. See Reflexology
- My research has told me; it's not just what you should or should not be eating.
- It's going to be a life change for the rest of your life. But don't worry I have discovered that the new life not only gives you more energy and stops the pain but gives you a new life in learning new things.
- Our gut needs bacteria and taking antibiotics will kill all bacteria. Eating foods with good bacteria will help heal your gut by naturally by killing off bad bacteria and making more good bacteria.
- Our bodies have been decriminalized from eating modern foods
- Detox Liver ******** Green Juice Is to re-set your body by rebooting your liver, which has had years of abuse. First, you need to get ready by eating more of a clean diet, eat less junk foods, moderate drinking coffee, no alcohol, and no smoking.
- Juicing-hydrates, minerals's and replenish the blood, which supports all the organs. After detoxing you transisionise food back into your diet.
- Charcoal-used to remove uric acid
- Blood circulation - with excessive, yoga, massage
- Even though your body is complex, it is designed to heal itself.
One thing we do know is, cure one disease cure all disease. Our body is self-healing, just by giving it what it requires will cure you.
- Kidney Stones - can fall into several categories including calcium stones, crystine stones, struvite stones and uric acid stones. How to know what stone type??? As there are different ways to cure each type. Will kidney stones also cause a blockage to reduce disposal of uric acid??? Note: drinking soda is associated with kidney stones, Ref: Dr. Mercola preventing kidney stones
- Gallbladder stones - Liver, kidneys, and lungs can be inefficient. They should be working right if you stay away from junk food, eat artichokes, cherries, apples, cranberries, lemons and oranges (organic of course)
- Dehydrated - has this affected the organs from working efficiently and dried the colon and reduced pooing! Not able to remove toxins, was this start of everyone's gout? Your liver the organ that filters the blood, its viscosity impacts the liver’s detoxification abilities.
- Coffee intake and drink more mineral water - Should coffee be removed, lowered? Read here
- Effect of mineral water containing calcium and magnesium See here
- Best advice for the above - is to eat in moderation a plant based diet and drink plenty of water to first stop/reduce the pain. (Fluoride Also Linked to Kidney Stones) Avoid crash diets because they can make the urine more acid, which makes it harder for uric acid to dissolve. Slowly transisionise a few weeks before by removing fizzy drinks, junk foods and adding freshly made juices and leafy greens to your diet. So you are ready to start a reboot....
- Gout histrionically has been associated with eating a rich diet and excessive alcohol consumption. (Do you know what a rich diet is?)
- In the past gout in Asia has been a lot lower than Europe. Traditional Asian diets, has been relatively rare in these cultures.
- In recent decades there is a link between the number of people following a Westernized diet and lifestyle, and this has been paralleled by an increase in the incidence and prevalence of gout worldwide.
I changed my lifestyle a few years back and now enjoying life each day. Because I don't know if in my old age I will be able to walk correctly without pain.
Do you want to know how to cure gout?
"Well, it is NOT diet alone!"
- Diet alone
If your body is constantly under stress, from inflammation or our modern life then your body will be protecting and not rebuilding.
- Millions of cells in you body die and regrow everyday
- Our bodies are full of toxins. Learn to remove toxins safely. You need to establish a healthy lifestyle and dietary habits FIRST, so you have a reserve that your body can draw on to allow your liver to do its job properly. See: "Dr. Mercola Detox"
- Eat a diet to control blood sugar level
- Get 8 hours of deep sleep every night and reduce stress on the body
- Exercise - your lungs and liver to work efficiently.
- You need motivation, this is key to having a healthy and fulfilling life.
- It's not just about a diet, there are other changes in your new lifestyle.
- Your body also needs time to rest and heal
- Preparation - You need to prepare before starting a 30 or 60 day reboot diet; by cutting out junk food, alcohol, coffee, bread, *milk and start adding in the healthy foods. Start exercise, to get into a routine and to minimise muscle loss.
- Moderation - eat & drink *********give your body a rest by changing what you eat!
- You should then see a difference in 30 days (You can be eating all the right organic foods, but you might not be absorbing and your body making good use. As you may have leaky gut)
- In Asia before westernised, more people meditated, yoga was part of daily life, people cared for each other and family life was very important. Now we work in offices, we sit all day, we don't take proper brakes, we don't socialise the same, we are more stressed. Over time this has a negative effect on how our body functions and promotes gout attacks.
Serum urate 0.31 mmol/l = uric acid 5.58 mg/dl (Safe level below 6.8 mg/dl males)
Tophi removal - if you get uric acid down to 5mg/dL, but if you can go lower, tophi will resolve faster.
Note: Supermarket fruit & Veg may contain pesticides, have higher levels of sugar and less nutrition than fresh local produce.
Start your day with a glass of worm water and freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Your body need's Vitamin C for the growth and repair of tissues in all parts of your body.
- Start by drinking more water and freshly squeezed orange juice. (Not from a carton) from real oranges. A glass 2 - 3 times a day.
- Juices - start with green ******** to also include; pineapple, celery, grapefruit, orange, ginger
- Coconut water - composed of unique chemicals such as sugars, vitamins, minerals, electrolytes, enzymes, amino acids, cytokine, and phyto-hormones
- Coffee - Drink in moderation, not to be used to keep you awake, deal with the underlying cause.
- Bulletproof Coffee - with butter, coconut oil. I also add a little cacao (Chocolate 100%) See: Fitlife TV is your chocolate real-cacao vs cocoa why you should eat it.
- Green coffee - drink like green tea, coffee beans are green as they have not been roasted
- Herbal teas - Green teas.
- Ginger, lemon and honey tea
- Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
- Lemon/lime juice with water
- *Milk - It you are going to drink, then from grass fed cows. Raw is better I buy full fat cream and make butter and ghee. There are much better alternatives to milk that are more bio-available to you, more digestible, more absorbable and more environmentally friendly too.
This is what gout suffers have been told for many years by our health care system!
"it does not cure gout or take away the pain, by cutting out these foods"
Not all foods are created equal.
Eating fat does not make you fat - Those on a low fat diet are gaining weight!
For optimal benefits, it is prudent to eat whole, ideally organic foods. Foods containing a variety of phytochemicals and cofactors offer greater protection and health benefits than individual nutrients in high doses. Juicing is a great way to boost your vegetable intake, and incorporate veggies that you may otherwise not eat. If you want your vegetables to have the highest nutritional density, take a look at Dr Mercola's list of powerhouse fruits and vegetables. Avoid wilted vegetables, as they've lost much of their nutritional value. It is wise to eat a variety of dark green leafy vegetables, plus other vividly colored veggies (purple, red, yellow, and orange) to make sure you receive a broad range of those powerful plant nutrients.
Fats - Yes I eat full fat, but from good fats. Fat is for skin, hair, bones and teeth. The fats we are sold as healthy are the ones causing inflammation. Ref; "Know your fats" I make my own butter and ghee. Pour olive oil and do not use for cooking.
Fibre - keep increasing how much fibre we eat, which basically means whole plant foods. Try to get 25 grams a day of soluble fibre from Fruit, vegetables, nuts and seeds. From grains, beans and lentils, that are whole grains and traditionally processed.
Protein - from plants and grass feed animals. Read: Protein- Building blocks of the body & Are you eating too much protein
Carbohydrates - Blood level *******Sugar, refined products, grains, cereals, bread and potatoes are to be avoided. sweet potatoes are fine. Don't want to cut out any food group (rice, oats, pasta, potatoes need to be kept to a minimum, if you feel the need you can't live without.) Read first: "Preparation of Grains & Beans".
Get your Carbohydrates from fruits, veg & honey.
Tip, If eating any grains keep you intake of Vitamin C high. (We have all heard the story of sailors returning with scurvy, as they ate too many grains and it decriminalized their body)
Mexicans (Mayans) new this over 2000 years ago.
Vitamins & Minerals - each one is so crucial to health and wellness. From organic grown produce, brought locally where possible and not from the supermarket. Fresh fruit, veg, nuts, seeds, and farmed animals.
Herbs - As with all food its medicine and even more so with herbs. Use small amounts in food, juices and teas.
Dairy - Milk is a common allergen that can cause acne, stomach aches, diarrhea, constipation and other inflammatory responses. Remove from your diet for 30 days and then re introduce full fat from local farm, where cows eat grass.
Nightshades - eat, avoid or do not eat for 30 days of your diet reboot? Muscle pain and tightness, morning stiffness, poor healing, arthritis, insomnia and gall bladder problems—these can all be caused by nightshades. Read: Weston A Price Article
Junk foods - Avoid ALL fast foods, packages foods, processed foods, take away and restaurants. Yes you will need to cook and prepare everything yourself.
For 30 days. Instead of removing foods other than above junk foods and no alcohol, Why not try living a healthy life style?
GMO - genetically modified foods, corn is one of the biggest GM crops. Used for oil & animal feed (To fatten animals cheaply and quickly). GM Corn for humans is low in calcium and plays havoc on your gut as it can not be digested.
The traditional corn, known as "Maize" in South America is grown and prepared to remove most of the toxins. Meet Rachel Parent — the teen fighting for GMO labelling in Canada
Undoing The Damage It's not going to be easy for everyone, I had to leave my environment and travel to Spain, where I had time to shop at local farms, markets, family butchers and veg shops.
- As said above, you first may want to see your Doctor for a blood test and health check.
- Keep a food diary, including times you eat and when you have pain or gout attacks. (And any other pains you may suffer from like back-pain)
- Avoiding purines rich foods. It doesn’t work like that! AVOID - Grains, Gluten, Processed and Sugars. Eat good FATS & ORGANIC Olive oil, Butter & Ghee from grass fed cows, Coconut oil and Avocados. Eat more green Vegetables raw and Juicing. Farmed Eggs. SOUPS - Make your own stock from grass feed cow knee bones, pigs trotters and chicken bones.
- Eating well is not as difficult as many people think when you know what you are doing. Lots of research needed but the effort is worth it! If you can't cook learn to cook. Learn 3 meals and adjust them to what you have available. This will also make it easy to cook when you come home from work tired. Stop shopping at the supermarket. (You should also know, not to eat junk/fast food)
- Eat foods you like (That are whole foods & NOT junk) don't eat it because someone said its a super-food.
- Buy your food organically, 80% locally and eat foods in season.
- For optimum health - buy your foods organically. Not from the supermarkets, they may sell organic food's, but they are low in nutrition.
What I have found as a benefit below, but try and get all your minerals and nutrition from organic fruit & Veg.
- Blue ice fermented Cod Liver Oil (Taken the same time I eat butter) Take a large dose each day for the first week. See: recommendations
- Solgar Ester-C Plus 1000 mg Vitamin C Tablets
Start with small steps. Sweating helps remove toxins.
And to build good working lungs and liver.
- Walking - Is good to start with, as our bodies are designed to walk. So can be everyday! If the pain is in your toe, try other exercise till the pain is reduced.
- Yoga - Youtube; for a healthy liver - Healthy lungs - Remove Toxins - Learn to breathe
- Squats, press ups, Plank - Builds the hole body & is ideal if you have pain in your toe and find walking difficult. You can add light weights after 8 weeks.
- 8 hours sleeping a night plus rest days to recover and for the body to rebuild.
For quick and long term pain relief.
- Drinks - Backing soda with water or organic apple cider vinegar with water or Lemon/lime juice with water or my favorite; ginger with lemon and honey tea.
- Foot reflexology massage - learn to massage your own feet. Thanks to improved circulation and function of organs and glands, reflexology is excellent for detoxification. See Reflexology Caution: Don’t select reflexology treatment during the height of the attack as it is agonizing to get the areas affected massaged at that time. Note: for self massage: feet must be wormed up first, foot not being massaged kept warm, use a folded cloth and can keep the foot comfortable as well as your sitting position. Someone is doing your massage keep feet lower than buttocks to keep proper blood flow (A little difficult doing self massage. Try using a wooden massage stick.
- Hand Acupressure Reflexology - is easier to do yourself then foot reflexology massage. Since the reflex zones on the hands are smaller than those in the feet, simply massaging on these small reflex zones cannot really stimulate the muscle movement in the liver and kidneys. You need to accurately apply pressure on these spots in order to achieve the objective. In order to accurately 'hit' on the reflex spots on your hands, you will need a tiny sharp (not too sharp like needle) tool to help you with that. Toothpick is a perfect candidate for this job, but the problem is that you might not hit on the right points with one single toothpick. See: http://mrinalkantipal.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/acupressure-reflexology-charts.html
- Gout Pain Relief Acupressure Points See :Video
- Try rubbing warm cider vinegar, Backing soda and sea salt mix, gently around the area of the pain.
- Foot sock - in hot warm water mixed with vinegar, backing soda & sea salt, for 15 minutes before going to bed, or 2 hours after dinner at least 2 - 3 times a week to lower uric acid. With your feet being warmer than your body will increase the blood flow to your heart.
- Foot rap - sock a bandage with vinegar, backing soda & sea salt and rap it around the area of the pain.
- Massage foot arch with massage ball
- For pain massage foot with a round plastic bottle filled with water and use when frozen. I do this after returning from a walk or bike ride. (Uric acid crystals are less soluble at lower temperatures)
- Lemon peel trick to get rid of inflammation and chronic pain
- sprinkle every meal with grated lemon (use a whole organic lemon, freeze it and shred it over your food) See here
- Dry bushing your skin - One third of your body's toxins are excreted through the skin and dry brushing helps to unclog pores and excrete toxins that become trapped in the skin. When brushing, always brush toward your heart, which is best for circulation.
- Shoes - have a good pair of shoes or boots to help support you feet, replace your shoes at least every 6 months.
- After 60 days - re blood test See: "Uric Acid Levels"
References/Links I Highly Recommend
Do your own research and educate yourself
- Weston A Price A Dentist who travelled the world in research of nutrition of non-industrialized people why they live long and healthy.
- Dr John Bergman focuses on NATURAL health alternatives, must watch videos.
- Dr Mercola Natural Health Information
- The Skinny on Gout Diets Foods to avoid and foods to eat .
- Beating Gout Still confused? This site is written by Victor Konshin, the author of Beating Gout: A Sufferer’s Guide to Living Pain Free, the #1 selling book on gout. This site is designed to keep you up-to-date on the latest gout treatments, research and news."It’s time for the medical community to stop talking about low-purine diets and start talking about healthy diets that avoid foods that have been proven to increase gout while controlling uric acid levels with medication. Unfortunately, most doctors are not up-to-date on the correct protocols to manage gout. It is important for those suffering from gout to arm themselves with the correct information to make sure they get the best care possible."
- Reboot With Joe Founded by Joe Cross after the phenomenal success of his documentary Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead. "Don't turn your back on mother nature"
- Gout Pal Forum
- Quick Gout Pain Relief - PDF Info & to meal/recipe ideas.
- Purpose Fairy This blog is a vault of my observations on the human condition, and how to access our infinite selves in our daily lives.
- Spiro Koulouris Lots of easy to read information & Gout cook book. (Note: I don't believe in 20% of what he says about eating low fat and bread)
I hope this is the new start in you learning to cure, stop and reverse your gout