My Excuses To Travel
I like to escape instead of dealing with everyday life in England and travel to Latin America in particular. Where I can experience family life, take photos and eat different foods.
They say the British invented travel for pleasure (I call it enjoying your life by doing what makes you happy) at that time people could not understand why you needed to travel, if it is not for business or even war!
Whether it's travel or spend time with friends, family or you have other dreams, you need to find the reasons 'the limitations' that are holding you from living your life to the fullest!
Maybe I have a fear of uncertainty, with the changing world at the moment in my life, comparing my past with the future and the rest of the world can sort it's self out. I should be positive and live for today or is it that after visiting countries and staying with family's is that I have learned to open my mind to a new perspective. So a good excuse to travel as this will change my way of thinking and start thinking more positively again.
- Food & Health: I find it very difficult with work to find a balance between having time to enjoy a meal and to take the time to buy fresh food, other than from the supermarket or convenient shop, that are popping up of every corner, that all seem to sell the same boring choice. As for exercise I don’t find the time to do it regularly.
- To have the chance to work on an Eco project, to help others in some way. Voluntary work can also be satisfying, fun and it's a good way to off-set my carbon footprint from using an airplane's to travel. Meet local people where you can learn the language, culture and give something back. It's also a great way to meet like-minded travellers.
- Travel also broadens the mind, give you new ideas. (But you must have a open-mind, a positive outlook to start with and to travel for the right reasons.)
- Not having a TV, not being kept up to date with the news. Is fine for me.
- Friends and family: This has got to be the main reason for most people not to travel for a long period.
- Work: As I have my own business which I have worked hard to build, is not easy to let go. Regular work means regular income.
- My home: Having security of owning your own home is important for many people, especially if you have a family.
- My daughter is growing up and she has her own life, but she is my princess!
Nothing ventured nothing gained.
Live your dream.
Thanks for looking Martin.
My Travel Photo Blog